Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Fabulous Life of Mayes' Mommy



You all will NOT believe what Dustin's son did this weekend. Granny and myself went to dinner our first night at the beach. Mayes was in his car seat at the table. Being the accomodating mommy that I am I noticed that he looked a little hot so I decided to take him out and let him sit in my lap. As soon as I picked him up I noticed a significant odor emminating from his heiney. Then I felt a warm sensation on my arm... then on my other arm... then my leg.... then I heard something hit the floor. At this point I am sprinting towards the bathroom to find myself and Mayes covered in POOP! We got Mayes all cleaned up and changed and he and Granny went back to the table while I cleaned myself up. Granny promptly returns to the bathroom laughing hysterically to inform me that Dustin's son has also left a PILE of this poop in his car seat, on his blanket, even moo moo cow was a victim of this incident. After cleaning up to the best of my ability I put all of the casualties, the car seat, the Property of Mom outfit, my sweater, I muster up my dignity and return to the table to find Mayes, pleased as punch, sitting on his Granny's lap. I also find a little present that he left on the floor beside my chair. I gracefully reached down with my napkin and cleaned it off of the floor.


Now, for some that may be enough to call it a night but not for this mama. We decided to head on over and check out the outlets. I decided that certainly after the big poop incidient that the night had already reached the peak of excitement so.... I popped Mayes out of his car seat and was toting him around Marshalls. We were walking and talking, checking out the shoes when... BLEEEACK... out comes the remainder of Mayes's dinner. Tossed his cookies (or in his case, his milk) all over my tank top (now remember, I did have a sweater on over this tank but that was lost in the earlier incident.) We managed to make it through the rest of the evening without any additional incidents but we are looking forward to the day when we can really embarrass him with this story. Here is a pic of the little angel before Poopapalooza in his Property of Mom outfit (which was laid to rest on Thursday night, May 10, 2007) . The second pic is of him in the outfit that Granny bought him to replace it.

1 comment: